My Blog List

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Who's got your back ?


It is said you should surround yourself with like minded people that have similar goals and aspirations. In training for the RKC I have to constantly remind myself  to "believe I am stronger than I think". I write this on my forearm quite often and it helps. What also helps me is the small group class I take part in twice a week, aside from my other training days. This group of people are, in a word, awesome. Some have been in my life for years and others are fairly new to my life. They all know about my goal for the RKC and they push me and give me a pat on the back when I need it or a kick in the @ss when needed also. Don't we all need a pat on the back? I never realized that training for something would encompass both the physical and emotional.  I figured I'd just go to the gym and train, right? Easy enough. You don't think about the days you didn't sleep well the night before. Perhaps you didn't eat well or you had a stressful, crazy day at work. You still have to go. It becomes a second job. What do you do if you don't have a good support network? Aside from the kettlebell group, I have many friends on facebook from my HKC certification and there are many RKC's I've friended via the internet who constantly post blogs and inspirational thoughts on food, life and working out. These things absolutely help if perhaps your spouse, significant other or family don't help support your healthy eating or training.  This being said, I realize that despite all the awesome people in my life believing in me, at the end of the day I need to believe in myself first and foremost!  Who believes in you and your goals?


Elizabeth M



2 comments:

  1. Watching you train is certainly inspiring. Plus, you're always very generous with tips and encouragement. Please know that it's all very much appreciated. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you Mia! Im so glad I have been an ispiration to you and helpful you have made my day! :) I have to thank you for always working so hard and striving to be better! Believe it or not all of you inspire me to train harder as well!

      Delete