My Blog List

Monday, May 21, 2012

RKC Part Two

                                       



Saturday started out great! We all got into our groups to start by reviewing all we had learned the prior day.  Swings, cleans and presses. Following this review, my team leader Mark Toomey taught the Turkish get up .While we learned the get up we were told we would be bonding with our snatch weight kettlebell.  Err, what does this mean you ask?  It means wherever I went on Saturday my 16kg kettlebell came with me. I went to the ladies room and my bell waited outside for me. I had lunch and she waited outside the lunch room for me I came in from the field, she came too.  The above picture is from lunch the last day (mid chew thanks to Can ;) ).That's Amanda and I my HKC sister .We worked on the get up for several hours. The great thing was the weather was finally nice enough to go outside. We went onto the field to practice our get ups. After get ups we had another work out. It was called the Beauty and the Beast good times =). We then had lunch followed by squats, both goblet and rack  squats.This day was pretty tough for me, my hands started callousing from all the carries with the bells. I remember starting to freak out about the idea of my callous tearing.  Tomorrow was technique testing, snatch testing,volunteer and graduation workouts. I'll never forget my partner Candice calming me down and helping reign in my emotions. For all of you who know and love me know I can be a tad dramatic and sometimes unreasonable .LOL. I was so thankful and grateful for her because she just hugged me and said it's going to be alright.  That evening  was the RKC group dinner. This was a great time to talk to other candidates as well as other RKC team leaders and assistants. Immediately following dinner I crawled back to my room to bed . Sunday was game time after all. The picture below is Candice and I on the last day boy we look happy ! Stay tuned for the grand finale =)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the follow on Twitter, and now that I see your blog, I'll follow that, too! But where's the rest of the RKC story? You left us hanging, and I wanna know what happened! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you so much! I know I dropped the ball on that one. I will get it up a.s.a.p :)I thanks again for the follows!

    ReplyDelete