My Blog List

Monday, September 5, 2011

The constant evolution of ME!

I guess the best place to begin is at the beginning, right?  So my name is Elizabeth michalski i'm 28 years old born and raised in queens new york ( one of the five boros of NYC ). I'm a registered dental hygienist and kettlebell enthusiast. Growing up I was always involved in sports volleyball and then swimming in high school. I started going to the gym and taking step aerobics my junior year of high school. This was not by choice my mother said "if you have no plans for a Friday you will be coming to class with me".  As a high school  junior I was completely aghast. Spend a Fri night working out with my mom are you serious? Then to add insult to injury I had to use my own money to pay for this!  Seriously there had to be something severely wrong with my mother.  I should add at this time of my life I was over weight I had been over weight since about third grade. Nothing crazy probably 20 pds.  I continued to work out through high school and college. In April of freshman year of college I lost my mother to cancer.The picture above is from my high school graduation 6/2000 right before we found out she was sick. What rescued me was joining the gym and becoming a cardio queen and lifting 4 pound weights. I became obsessed with my weight.  At one point I was down to 128 pds I thought that was the perfect weight for me until I got there and wanted to weigh less. As women we obsess over the scale!  Why do we do this?  Ill address this again very soon. About seven years later and at 138 - 140 pds omg she told us how much she weighs. :)  Seven years ago actually two years ago I would never have told my bf let alone post that on my blog.  So what changed?  Everything !  I stopped obsessing about the scale I starting using weights that weren't 4 pds!  Started training using trx which is suspension training and kettlebells.  I started noticing changes in my body and my clothes were looser. Guess what the scale didn't change what the helll. So I started measuring myself and low and behold I was losing inches no weight.  What do I do now?  Cut calories ? starve ? more cardio? Wrong! Train harder ! So now is the time I've decided to train for something instead of just "working out ". Believe me there is a huge difference. First up is the HKC or hardstyle kettlebell certification. This requires a 15 sec flexed arm hang, learning and teaching the TGU, swing and goblet squat. Second on the agenda is the RKC april 2012.  So let my story to getting buff begin! 

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and well-written "piece of Bub"! Good for you. Be proud. Be beautiful. Be YOU!
    Love, wendym

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ pharaohs army thanx I plan on it ;)
    @ wendy thank you im so glad you enjoyed it. Stay tunes much more to come!

    ReplyDelete