My Blog List

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lunch is served !!!!!!

I have to start by saying as a full time dental hygienist im very lucky! First, I have a full time job and in this economy I'm very grateful and thankful to have it . There are several perks at my job and one of them is our lunch is purchased for us daily. I find the ordering of lunch in my office very entertaining. I call it 'feeding time at the zoo'. :)  We order from a website so there are many restaurants from which we can choose. On any given day there will be sushi, pizza, burritos or my favorite, grilled chicken and steamed veggies.  I order the same meal every single day of the week ! I know you're shocked.  Why would I do that when I could eat something different everday.  Hmmm, maybe you think im boring ? I just like having good clean food that will fill me up. Im sorry, but a cup of salad with cucumbers and carrots is not going to satisfy my appetite, let alone get me through a workout.  The women I work with refer to my lunch as "chicken poop".  I find this very amusing.  They always tease me about eating the same thing everyday. Shockingly, whenever someone wants to eat healthy they order the dreaded "chicken poop". ( even my boss ;) shh don't tell) I don't feel there is anything wrong with eating the same, if not similar, meals on a daily basis.  If I was bored or sick of it I wouldn't eat it!  If you get bored of the same meals switch it up!  But switching it up doesn't mean it has to be unhealthy. Do you have any meals you like to cook/eat on a regular basis?

4 comments:

  1. you're so lucky that work takes care of lunch for you! so what exactly is this "chicken poop"? I'm trying to get on a more clean diet and lunch is always a struggle for me. you've peaked my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha the poop is simply grilled chicken, broccoli and miscellaneous veggies of the day. The biggest thing I find with eating right is to be prepared. I usually cook the majority of my food Sunday night for the work week. I hope this helped :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great suggestion. trying to get on a schedule so this is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete