My Blog List

Sunday, October 30, 2011

O ye of little faith in YOU!


People are always advising that you should believe in yourself. You can do anything if you really put your mind to it, right? Isn't that how the saying goes?  I've been "greasing the groove" with bands in the pull up department for about a month now . I've been doing this three to four times a week and it had been getting easier. About a week ago my boyfriend/coach  said, "In november you're just going to do pull ups. Lose the bands". Excuse me!  What did you just say?!  No! No way, not happening.  I will not give up my security blanket! I was a little upset, to say the least. How could he think I was capable of doing that? . The real question is, why did I think I couldn't?  So, it was Wednesday around 8:30 pm and we had just finished 'boot to butt' kettlebells. One of the guys started doing pull ups. I'll be honest, as soon as I saw this I knew I was in TROUBLE . I looked around in a panic  to find someone to engage in a conversation.... too late! I hear, "Bubb, Bubb come here."  It was the evil boyfriend. "Go ahead Bubb." He grabbed a chair, put it infront of the trx rack, and said, "Have at it."  I get on the chair and I say, literally out loud, "Now what?"  He said, "You hold on, hang and pull up. Duh." Wow. Really? That easy? I must admit I had a million things running through my mind at this point. I figured I had no other choice but to try. Okay, hands on the bar. Now walk off the plank ;) ( I know, I'm dramatic.)  So hands on, step off, hang and pulled up. I DID IT!!! I was shocked, ecstatic and so proud of myself. I admit this was a much needed lesson for me. When trying something new believe in yourself!  What's the worst thing that could happen? You don't do it and you have to keep trying.  Have faith in you!  What's something you accomplished you never thought you could achieve?

Elizabeth M

2 comments:

  1. As a witness to this amazing accomplishment, I am truly inspired and admit I need to be reminded not self sabotage.

    Umm I think doing the flex arm hang last night would be something I never even thought of doing, let alone achieving. It's nice to also be reminded that even when you have a moment of doubt, that you have a great support system to put their foot to your ass.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you jess! I agree with you though it is very hard to not self sabotage I do it all the time;) I do feel so fortunate to have such an amazing group I get to work out with. We all need that push and support so grateful for all of you :)

    ReplyDelete